>On 5/17/2012 04:55, Richard Gitschlag wrote:

>>  > On Thu, 17 May 2012 00:13:13 +0200, narkfestmojo wrote:
>>  >
>>  > GIMP 2.8 by default installs to a different directory than older
>> versions.
>> I installed 2.6 after 2.8 (using a different installation directory) and
>> have yet to encounter any problems in either one.

>I guess I will give it a go and see what happens.  thanks

>scott s.

I installed 2.8 in a different directory (I installed it on my external hard
drive) from the start. 2.8 removed my desktop icon for 2.6, but everything for
2.6 was still on my C drive (where I had it originally installed). I went into
the bin folder and manually started 2.6 (and also created a new shortcut for my
desktop) and it worked.

aromano101 (via gimpusers.com)