On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I created a jigsaw puzzle from an image.  All the pieces exist in different
>> layer.
>>
>> Is there a way to get the position of the pieces (a script or a menu
>> command)?  I realize I could use the ruler, however, I would like something
>> that would be more exact and less tedious.
>
> With only one image open, from the python-fu console:
>
> img = gimp.image_list()[0]
>
> for layer in img.layers:
>    print layer.name, layer.offsets

I was curious to see how the forum has hooking to the mailing list
these days, and I'm sad to report that it munged the spacing on that
psuedo-code.  You'd be better off subscribing to the mailing list
directly.  Anyway, it should be like:

img = gimp.image_list()[0]

for layer in img.layers:
<INDENT>print layer.name, layer.offsets

Where <INDENT> means indent via Tab key or spaces.

Chris