>>> There is  a C interface, and there is a Python interface which is quite
>>> powerful.
>> What is the name of the dlls that offer those interfaces.  Can you point me
>> to a web page that describes them.
>> Thanks,
>> Stephen

>For C: http://www.gimp.org/docs/plug-in/plug-in.html

>For Python: http://www.gimp.org/docs/python/index.html

>I strongly suggest that you subscribve to the gimp-developer mailing list:

Thanks for the information.

I want to write a c++ or java program that would allow me to manipulate images
the way gimp does.  For example, my program could create a puzzle of an image
without having the complete gimp program installed.  Is that possible?

I noticed that the python web page you referenced above mentioned libgimp.
Will that library supply the functionality I'm looking for?

stephen (via gimpusers.com)