On 6/22/2012 8:42 AM, Olivier wrote:
2012/6/22 Christen Anderson<christenanderson1...@gmail.com>:
On 6/22/2012 7:31 AM, Olivier wrote:
Maybe he would rather want to use Image: Colors ->    Color to Alpha and
save the image in PNG. This suggestion would work for removing the
white background and replacing it with transparency. Then any decent
browser would show the webpage in the transparent areas.
True... but wouldn't it be easier to just crop it out as I suggested, then
embed it in the webpage? Idk.. I don't know much about web design, and what
little I do know hasn't been used in several months... so maybe I'm wrong...
If his "real picture", as he says, is rectangular, then the crop tool
is okay. My suggestion is in the case his picture is not rectangular,
say a person photographed on a white background. Replacing this white
color with transparency will allow the webpage to be seen behind the
picture.

Olivier Lecarme
Oh... I see what you mean. Yes, that makes perfect sense... I had misunderstood what you were originally suggesting. =)

Christen