I have downloaded GIMP version 2.6.11 for my Mac OSx and am using a Wacom
Intuos tablet.

I have gone to Edit > Preferences > Input Devices > Configure Extended Input
Devices and set the "pen" option to "Screen." The "pressure" is set to "3."

When using the paintbrush tool, there is no variance in the brush size as I
press my pen harder/softer. However, there IS variance in brush opacity. I know
my tablet/pen works fine because there is pressure sensitivity in my other
tablet-responsive programs.

How can I get my strokes to taper/grow accordingly to my pen pressure?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers, siehorse

siehorse (via gimpusers.com)