Thank you developers for your patience and hard work. I've heard far too much
bashing of the save/export change. Change is just too had and scary for some it
seems.  I have been one of the silent masses for far too long.

I am one who has said nothing till now, but I greatly appreciate the new
save/export features of Gimp. It simplifies my workflow greatly as I often
save/export as both jpg and xcf. I realized the benefits of saving to xcf the
hard way and now save important steps as hidden layers so I can always go back
and tweak things. I also export jpgs for comparisons along the way and now it's
all easier.

Thanks again.
Dave H