On 07/12/2012 01:39 PM, Tom Williams wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 10:10 AM, Vu Le wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have an urgent matter I want to bring to your attention. If you
>> can look into this and confirm, it would be great.
>> Yesterday, one of our employees downloaded the Windows version
>> from Gimpshop.com. Our IT team alerted us to a trojan horse
>> infection. See below:
>> Classification:
>> Trojan Horse Infection

Worthy of notice:  The trojan in question is not a trojan, it is a
worm.  It resides on cracked web servers.  There is no indication
that the Gimpshop installer itself is infected.

LilyJade is a browser hijacker that can take control of all the
"major brands" of browser.  Apparently it only works on Microsoft
platforms, which may be why it is being called a "virus."

For a moment there I thought that the GIMP was getting so popular
that some crackers thought it was worth the effort to break into a
site hosting a minor variant of it, to plant a rigged version.
Alas, no such "luck."