>>Where can I get GIMP 2.6 for win64? Sorry, I am just not getting along with
>>2.8, specifically, no GAP. I cannot seem to get it to work. Also, the 2.8
>>interface on windows looks horrid (imho) looks like windows 2000 and I have
>>7. Yeah, I use windows. I tried Ubuntu, but it just started getting buggy
>>after 10.4. And I could never get jack to work properly.

>>Anyway, GIMP 2.6!

>>Thanks

>Here:
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/files/GIMP%20%2B%20GTK%2B%20%28development%20rel.%29/GIMP%202.6.12%20%28combined%2032%2B64-bit%20installer%29/

>Sorry for the ugly URL but that's the way copy and paste came out.  I used to
>install this version a lot on different machines because it was conveniently
>both 32 and 64 bit installing.

>Sorry for your experiences with the Linux versions... I have been having
>trials and issues of my own lately.  There are times and moments in the
>community when different parties seem to lose their way or their view of the
>big picture.  And really, it's hard to say who is "right" (and by elimination,
>who is wrong) in different areas because progress and stability are often
>mutually exclusive.

When Unity was added to Ubuntu, that is where it went south, IMO. It is too hit
or miss now. At one time I boasted its potential, and to a degree I still do,
but as a serious replacement for Windows, they have a long way to go. There
should be some standard that all the developers have to follow. The last I used
it was just after the new LTS release. I tried to put Linux MMMS on it, but got
caught in this download hell that the program was trying to rectify a
dependency that was no longer available and after snooping around, I figured
how to stop it and install it. But it just started crashing.

Anyway, thanks for the link! Now I can get some work done!

--
bohlinghaus (via gimpusers.com)