Nice, a topic about 2.8 migration issues OTHER THAN the save/export distinction!

> Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 20:52:06 +0200
> CC:
> Subject: [Gimp-user] 2.6 to 2.8 Workflow
 So I'm coming from 2.6 to the new 2.8 currently because lack of
layer-folders/layer-groups has was slowing me down considerably on > 3rd-- A
photoshop-tendancy that I hate is the whole "sorry you
can't draw here"-cursor. This happens when you have a folder selected.
I'd like it if my drawing here would either draw on the top layer in the
 folder, or if each folder could have a designated "main layer" to
associate with drawing if a given layer is not specified.

Agree that the easiest behavior would be to draw on the topmost (non-locked)

Another known issue with layer groups, this one being something I run into a
lot in my individual workflow, is how there is no way to toggle exclusive
visibility status with respect to layers within a group -- the current behavior
only toggles top-level (ungrouped) layers.

-- Stratadrake