I changed the Subject: here because I think Andreas' comments jump
out of the "For Casual Users" thread as something new, worth paying
attention to.

All us users will benefit from being more conscious of the
differences in "selected" behaviors in different parts of the GIMP
as outlined below.  I generally "approve of" the design choices
involved, but where and as possible I am also "all in favor" of
making these things as consistent across different functions as