Thank you all so very much for replying and trying to assist. I appreciate it
very much.  But  I wish you were all here in my workshop...(I am one artist
that knows little of technology even though I hold a degree in Information
systems and economics..guess which I focused my career on?)

1. my frustration is
The original file (photo) is Jpeg...23 cm x 13 cm (in stupid man's language).
Here are the image details/properties -
Size in Pixels - 2200 x 1398 pixels
Print size - 776x493 mm
resolutin 72 x 72 ppi
Colour Space - RGB
File size - 1.3 GB
File type - XCF

2. The next problem -
I manipulated the image using Gimp's artistic 'Cubism' feature AND I used the
Whirl and Pinch feature and again the settings are nowhere to be found so I
cannot replicate the manipulation  - and these settings i.e. tile size etc are
not set so I cannot replicate them when indeed I manage to obtain a newly sized
image? any ideas where I find the settings.

Obviously It did not set 'edit - preferences - tool options - save on exit'
Can I find the original manipulation features settings to utilise if I manage
to increase file size and resolution.
Any GIMP experts in S Africa ? I would be most happy to pay for assistance.

you are all very kind..thank you

Bludigo (via