There is probably many ways to do it. You could create a layer with your stripe
pattern then create your text, convert it to a selection, invert selection,
clear selection.

Von Samsung Mobile gesendetRichardAinz <for...@gimpusers.com> hat
geschrieben:Hi. I am new. Both here and to Gimp. Tested it a bit on and off,
but the breakthrough for me was the single window mode, so now I am currently
making an effort to learn something.

My first question is actually about somethin I am failing to do with Photoshop
CS4. I create a text, rasterize it, then create the stripes via the rectangle
tool (in this case I am messing with different national colours, like Germany).
Now so far so god, but I never get around to actually be able to merge the
strips with the text. The closest I have gotten is to see the text behind the
stripes, but then the strips also covers the space between the text. I followed
this tutorial for that:
http://www.flash-game-design.com/tutorials/greenStripedText-photoshop-tutorial.html

I looked at Your Sweet Candy tutorial and, excluding some steps, seems to be
relevant, but for step 15, where I do not want to select stripes available
inGimp, but create new ones. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

--
RichardAinz (via gimpusers.com)