---- shyam megha <shyamngui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Want to use GIMP for map publishing.Please help me with the links of source
> code download.
> 1. First is procedure for compiling.
> 2. Second is customization procedure for reducing menu structure.
> 3. Also tell me how can change the logo.

I have to laugh at this.  Your first question(not numbered.. ie links of source
code) is already answered and at least to my reading clearly available on the
GIMP website.   Your second question(item number 1, which at least for linux is
also answered) indicates to me that you are not likely not a programmer.

Quite frankly, my suggestion to you is you need to *HIRE a competent
programmer.. PERIOD...EXCLAMATION POINT*.   While compiling is not hard(on
Linux anyway), it is a quite tedious process to make sure your build
environment is set up correctly and then you likely have to compile a number of
dependencies prior to actually getting to compile GIMP.     machines.   If you
happen to be using Windows, quite honestly, you will spend FAR more time and
aggravation just getting your machine set up to do a compile than you would to
do the compile itself.  Next,the biggest issue is not so much compiling, but
compiling it is such a way as to make it re-distributable to other machines.

As for items 2 and 3, well... the information is documented in the source code.
 Once you obtain a programmer to do the work, he can likely figure out the
answer to these two items within an hour or so of time, but if not, he can
always either a) subscribe to the developers list or b) check out the IRC
channel to answer the question.

What your asking for is like asking a doctor to tell gas station clerk over an
email how to do Brain Surgery.  While anyone can quickly learn the beginning
steps(ie, save the area of the head, cut skin flap and folder back, carefully
cut a section of skull, remove skull section, cut out tumor, stop bleeding,
replace skull section, sew/stable skin back), the hard part is making sure that
your finished product works(ie, the guys brain actually functions and he is not
a vegetable, lost motor function in parts of his body, lost cognitive