> Firstly thank you very much for the reply.
>
> *Final result :* What I intend to do is image interpretation for
> intelligence and refining the particulars of the image with tools like
> Sharpening, Color change(Contrast), Hue saturatiuon and finally get a
> WYSIWYG ICC matching profile as per the printer.I would add few annotations
> and use few symbols here and there.

I don't think that's what Michael Schumacher meant by his question, but if not
he will verify.  MY intpretation of what what he is asking is WHY are you
wanting to remove menu items.   Based upon your original email, my
assumption(yes, I know it was wrong of me to assume but we can only go with the
information provided) is that you plan to rebuild GIMP and sell it commercially
or install it onto a number of computers such as in a school, senior center, or
some other such place where you want to reduce complexity for other users.
Though I could be wrong, I just can't see why anyone would care so much about
extra(not needed for their personal use) menu items so much that they would
want to go through the hassles of editing source code and compiling themselves.
  ie, what is your end goal of making the modifications in the first place?
Not what you want to change, but WHY are those changes so important to you as
to spend so much effort to do so?

Joe