> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] DON'T HATE the new save vs. export behavior
> From: l...@holoweb.net
> To: strata_ran...@hotmail.com
> CC: dan...@yacg.com; gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:39:19 -0400
> On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 09:11 -0700, Richard Gitschlag wrote:
> > As a quick comparison, Windows doesn't allow you to drag-and-drop
> > items directly onto an application's taskbar button either and I don't
> > understand why.
> Win 95 and Win XP did, in general, I don't know about later versions of
> Windows. It's not instant, you have to hover over the tab for a second
> or two.

I am referring to at least XP.  Attempt to drag and drop a file anywhere onto
the taskbar, including active application panels, and XP will tell you (and I
quote) "you cannot drop an item onto a button on the Taskbar."  Yes, it does
say that you can hover it over said button for a second until the application
window opens, then drop it onto the application window, but you still have to
actually drag it into the application's window area before you release the
mouse button - if you release the mouse button while inside the taskbar you
always get that message as a result.

-- Stratadrake