On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Rob Antonishen wrote:

> And this is where your use case is wrong! The whole point of separating save
> and export is that ONLY save is "safe".  An export is NOT guaranteed to be
> either safe or lossless.  It may be,  depending on the source image.  Your
> example exactly demonstrates the purpose of the new paradigm.

The main problem I see with the suggested use case is here:
"Transparancy lost. This is something I already encountered once, so
it is a realistic use case."

Excuse me, Anoko, but there's no way I'm going to believe that a
mistake that is only ever done once is going to completely ruin
everything. Especially since GIMP asks to save project data.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org