Hi Daniel,

Yes, the latest open movie project by blender foundation known as mango
project or "Tears of Steel" will about to release by the next couple of
week.

You can follow their progress in their official website
http://mango.blender.org or http://tearsofsteel.com.

Most of vfx movies nowadays always using such an fx. Like a fancy
lensflare, color grading stuff, etc.

Yes, I run tutorial website in http://fossgrafis.com I keep my shot update
via youtube http://youtube.com/user/aditpratama1

My internet connection very limited, but I'll try my best to post my
progress.

No problem Daniel, it's a pleasure to get in touch with FOSS community :)