You're welcome Dan. Currently I live in Indonesia...and it's night time now
:)

At that time I also looking for best vfx stuff which run under linux, I
found out that there's ramenfx but I dunno the progress up until now.

Lightworks video editor also look promising when they announce to make it
opensource but no release for linux up until now.

So, I stick with blender since then :)