I don't exactly get what you mean by 200 page tiffs?
You mean one continuous image that takes 200 pages worth of sub-images?
But anyways, are you using the batch mode? I've never done it but I
understand there
are a lot of options there from non-interactive command line mode?
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=gimp+scripting+options+command+line&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Dan