You will be told to use other image manipulation software because GIMP is now
only for professionals that Save XCF files.  And you will be told in no
uncertain terms that the decision to make GIMP only save XCF files is well
documented (so how can there be any question of the propriety of that design
choice) and anyone who expresses dissatisfaction with that design choice is
somehow incompetent; demented or otherwise mentally challenged or just plain