In the procedure browser (not the plugin browser) You can see the parameters:

run-mode
image
drawable
propagate mode - 0:white, 1:black, 2:middle value 3:foreground to
peak, 4:foreground, 5:background, 6:opaque, 7:transparent
propagating-channel - HISTOGRAM-VALUE uses the value, you can also use
HISTOGRAM-RED HISTOGRAM-BLUE, HISTOGRAM-GREEN or (I think)
HISTOGRAM-ALPHA
propagating-rate - 0-1 (float)
direction-mask -  0-15 (int) - bit mask 0b0000 each bit is a direction.
lower-limit - 0-255
upper-limit - 0-255

(plug-in-dilate RUN-NONINTERACTIVE img inLayer 1 HISTOGRAM-VALUE 1.0
15 0 255) is equivalent to calling dilate from the filter->Generic
menu.  (I think).

source code:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/plug-ins/common/value-propagate.c

-Rob A>