maderios ( wrote:
> Developers gentlemen, thank you for listening to the users who
> actually use Gimp to work. Listen to their needs. Practice, there is
> all that counts and not the theoretical ideas completely divorced
> from reality.

We got a lot of negative feedback, unfortunately most of it was
incoherent write-only-rambling, which makes it hard to listen to. If
you're masochistic, go to the gimp-devel archives and read the threads
on that topic.

We also got a lot of positive feedback on the change. It seems we're
not really "completely divorced from reality" with the change.

For now we're sticking to the new behaviour. Sorry if you don't like