"Do you really use it ? Ergonomically speaking, Gimp is now an xcf editor."

Gimp is an image editor that can import or export whatever you want
but has it's own savable format for all the layers and other data to
store for later editing. Hence the differentiation of saving and
exporting.

"Print shops ask for png, jpeg or tiff, not psd"

So Gimp is no problem here then.