So I have an odd issue.  What I am trying to do is to add the logo of the gym
that turned my life around to my Gmail signature, and make the logo a link to
their site.  I'm fairly experienced with digital graphic art concepts, I've
been a GIMP'er for years, yet this one has me stumped.  So if you go to
http://www.accelerationsport.com/ you'll see their logo in between "Home" and
"Weekly schedule."  It's a black image with white lettering and a white stick
figure.  This one, although this displays as entirely white:
http://www.accelerationsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ASI_Logo-Reverse-White2-2.png
  Yet when I right-click on it and choose Copy image, then go to my Gmail
settings and paste it into my signature, nothing shows up.  "Uh?"  So I opened
GIMP and chose to Paste from clipboard.  "Oh, now it shows up!"  So I chose
Select all, hit copy, and tried again to paste it into my Gmail signature.  Yet
again, nothing.  So on a whim, I inverted the colors, copied, and tried
  to paste again.  Still nothing.

I feel like I'm missing something basic here... would anybody please help me
discern what that is?  Why would this image appear on the webpage as black but
be entirely white in GIMP?  Why is it entirely white when I choose View image
in a new tab?  What is going on here?

Thanks much,
Jeff

--