>> Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 04:52:25 +0200
>> From: for...@gimpusers.com
>> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
>> CC: t...@gimpusers.com
>> Subject: [Gimp-user] xcf file corrupt?
>>

> GIMP closed while I was in the middle of saving an image and is now
>telling me that the xcf is corrupt and that there is no usable data in
>it even though the file is the same size as it was before the crash.
>This is the third or fourth time it's done this to me and any help would
> be incredibly appreciated. I'd include the file but this is the first
>time I've posted here and I don't know how
>>
>> --
>> curseofdark (via gimpusers.com)

>Okay, but first we need to know a few things.

>- Your particular build of GIMP (version number, OS)
>- The exact wording of any error message GIMP may have generated when it
>"closed"

>Both of these are very important.
>-- Stratadrake
>strata_ran...@hotmail.com
>--------------------
>Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

I'm using 2.6.11 on windows 7, and GIMP closed because of a computer crash not
a program error, sorry I wasn't more specific! The computer crashed in the
middle of saving the image and now when I try to open it, it give me the
'Opening 'C:\Users\Master\Pictures\My Scans\nerfed copy.xcf' failed: This XCF
file is corrupt!  I could not even salvage any partial image data from it.'
error but when I go to the image properties it looks like all the data is still
there

--
curseofdark (via gimpusers.com)