>Use imagemagick's "mogrify" program on a cpoy of the images.

Thanks for the hint. Just read the tutorial and it seems as if this is perfect.

>The best OCR package still seems to be Abby FineReader, which is
>commercial but about a gazillion times better than any of the Free/Libre
>ones I've tried.

>Note that text on screens often has resolution too low to get good
>results with OCR. What is the text??

I'll give Abby FineReader a try. The screenshots show some text which is
blurry, but hopefully, the result will be better than everything I've got until
now. At the end, a script will sort all output in a cvs-file... if the OCR does
what I hope it will :-)

Thanks again!

--
crouching_ant