...like how layer groups don't have a fixed size and their width/height are
automatically derived from the size/placement of their constituent layers?

There would be an easy workaround if only we had a "Multiply with alpha" layer
blending mode so I could put a white masking layer at the top of the group's
layer stack ... but we don't have that, either.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com