On 3 October 2012 19:39, realbezo <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> Hello, may be because of my english i cannot explain myself clearly ( it is
> not my main language)
> For example i create a new file "first_file.xcf" and then i make some
> changes, save it and export it with ctrl+e  as "first_file.png", then i make
> some more changes and save my file as "second_file.xcf" and export it with
> ctrl+e, but Gimp 2.8 does not export my file with the new filename
> "second_file.png", instead of using new file name it uses  the name
> "first_file.png" and overwrites my file that i exported earlier.
> Thanks in advance...

Hi Realbezo,

I think you could make your self understood -
but maybe you haven't got any answers because the issue you report is
not perceived as a problem
for the people who have read it - After all, if you changed the
filename, all you have to do is
to use the "export..."  option to reset the filename of the exported
work, instead of
repeating "export to...". I myself would expect it not to change
automatically, and would find it
annoying if it would prompt me for a new  exporting name. The idea of
the "export to..." options
is exactly not to bother the user once he has choosen the options for
exporting his work.

   js
  -><-