> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 02:16:04 +0200
> From: for...@gimpusers.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> CC: t...@gimpusers.com
> Subject: [Gimp-user] copying and pasting layer groups as layer groups
>
> I'd like to be to select a layer groups and copy them over to another
> pre-existing image.
>
> I've been struggling with this for an hour or so, and I haven't found a way
> to do this.
>
> Is is possible to do this in GIMP?

 The closet I've found is a kind of paste where you do this: drag the
tab of the origin image over to the tab of the target image. The result
is a new layer in the target image called "dropped buffer". However, the
 entire origin image is imported flattened.

> I've been
trying other drag and drop operations, but without success. Usually when
 I drop the selection to the target image, the icon under the mouse
dissapears, and nothing actually happens.

> I thought this might be a window manager problem. But I get the same results
> across kde, gnome and xfce.
>
> --
> bobdobbs (via gimpusers.com)

Hmm, you're right - the closest I can find is to click and drag the layer group
into the GIMP toolbox (which creates a new image using the layer group), but
there does not seem to be a way to do the same with a pre-existing image (SWM
or otherwise), at least not via click and drag.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com