>Hello Alexandre

>Thanks for fast response.

>Sounds logical. Highlighting in place seemed not to work, so I
>"use editor", changed px to pt, found NO CHANGE. Also tried editor
>with "use selected font", no change. Have previously found GIMP to
>reject my mods, including size/ppi.
>Is something "protected"?

>Also, can one make "Use editor" the default?

> Don Miller   damill...@gmail.com
>Monday, October 29, 2012, 11:10:09 AM, you wrote:

>> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Donald Miller wrote:

>>> On GIMP2, I can select similarly, but edit options seem not to allow
>>> easy change of text or properties.

>> They absolutely do :)

>>> Attempting to highlight or select
>>> from text box seems to only let me move box, copy all, paste replace.

>> This is because you are trying to to enter text editing mode with the
>> Move tool. Try the Text tool instead.

>> Actually, it's a good point. Automatically entering the text mode from
>> the Move tool after a double click would make sense.

>> Alexandre Prokoudine

Not quite sure at which stage you are editing text.
Plenty of how-to's around, mine has the advantage of being only 4 minutes.
 h.t.t.p://youtu.be/ChcTE9KROmc   I had to mux this remove the stops

One snag with formatted text is once transformed if you go back to edit the
text, all the formatting is lost.
but Gimp does warn you of this.

rich (via gimpusers.com)