Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:18:39 +0100
From: tobias.lu...@hfg-gmuend.de
To: ellimae...@gmail.com
CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] double exposure

    Hello,

    afaik, the "Screen" blend mode is a more accurate reproduction of a
    double exposure. However, it will brighten up your image, so if the
    two photos weren't underexposed to begin with (which they are when
    you actually make a double-exposure on film), you'll have to adjust
    the values. Don't worry, the Screen mode doesn't result in clipping,
    so usually you don't loose all that much information.

    bw,

    Tobl

    Am 04.11.2012 16:10, schrieb Richard
      Gitschlag:

        If it's the term I'm thinking of there are maybe twenty
        different ways to do this in GIMP.  But all of them have one
        thing in common - you need to import both source images as
        separate layers in the same image window.

        From that point you can:

        1 - Set the top layer's mode to either Brightest or Addition
        (neither one precisely reproduces an actual double exposure, but
        they're close)

        2 - Keep the top layer's mode Normal and use the Eraser (or a
        layer mask) to fade the edges/transition between them.

        -- Stratadrake

        strata_ran...@hotmail.com