I’m trying to introduce myself to programming in Python for Gimp, however I’m
having difficulty in trying to run some scripts and I’m hoping that some of the
more knowledgeable members on the Forum will be able to give me some assistance.

In order to cut down on time, and also to gain experience I decided to modify
some of the scripts that were written by experienced Python programmers to see
what effects I could produce on various images.
However, I have found that when I make even minor changes to a script and save
the changed script to the ‘plug-ins’ folder under a new name, it will not show
up in the Gimp Drop Down Menu specified in the script.
I would like to know if anyone else has come across this snag and, if so, what
is the cause or if there is a solution.
Is there some kind of compiled code associated with a Python script when it has
been saved under a ‘Name.py’ or when it has been run in Gimp that prevents it
from being capable of being changed or edited.

I am using Gimp 2.8, Windows XP and the Komodo editor to make the changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Lorgach (via gimpusers.com)