On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Lorgach <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> In order to cut down on time, and also to gain experience I decided to modify
> some of the scripts that were written by experienced Python programmers to
> see what effects I could produce on various images.
> However, I have found that when I make even minor changes to a script and
> save the changed script to the ‘plug-ins’ folder under a new name, it will
> not show up in the Gimp Drop Down Menu specified in the script.
> I would like to know if anyone else has come across this snag and, if so,
> what is the cause or if there is a solution.

You'll need to restart GIMP for it to pick up a new plug-in.  Once it
appears you can edit it, as long as the menu item hasn't changed.

The "proc_name" must be unique - this is defined in the "register" function.

If there's a syntax error, the plug-in won't load.

Start GIMP in a command terminal to catch start-up errors.