gbudavid wrote:
I have Windows 7 and have tried to download ufraw to gimp 2.8  I am given an
error message. is there a workaround that is simple like myself or another

Hi gbudavid,

I could install UFRaw on Windows. You just have to obey the instructions at [1], in the MS-Windows section. The easiest way is the first alternative there. Secondly the current version 0.18 of UFRaw is incompatible with GIMP 2.8.2. Please read the Bugzilla thread in [2]. The solution is either to use GIMP 2.8.0 or - with GIMP 2.8.2 - only use UFRaw as standalone program without merging the UFRaw binaries into the GIMP directories.

Kind regards,