On 11/18/2012 12:09 PM, jenn golden wrote:
Is there a way to get back all of your layers once you save a file and close out of it? I am new and am creating magazince covers - All I need to do is change the pic - but did not want to have to re-create the entire cover if I did not need too.... Thanks!
Are you using gimp 2.8? If so, when you "save" the file all the layers are retained (unless you specifically merged them). You would "export" to (e.g.) jpg or png, and then save to xcf format. Loading the .xcf version should still have all the layers. Loading the exported .png or .jpg version would not.

  -- Burnie