On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Matteo D email <mdceras...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been using Gimp for a week or so and have really enjoyed it.  It
> was perfect for my needs, and has helped me with many tasks.  However, one
> day Gimp stopped working.  It wasn't that Gimp froze or anything, It would
> jump in the dock for a few seconds, then just stop and an error would come
> on the screen saying it quit unexpectedly.  I restarted my computer and
> Gimp worked fine.  One day, Gimp wouldn't start at all, and restarting the
> computer did not help.  I deleted all of Gimp's files and reinstalled it,
> somehow Gimp STILL didn't work.  I triple checked and re-downloaded many
> more times, but Gimp still did not want to start.  Sadly, I am unable to
> supply a crash report.  However, when I read it, it said something about a
> GCS window or something.  I understand how important a crash report would
> be, but I am just unable to supply it to you. Here are my computer specs:

a better way to diagnose the issue would be for you to start GIMP from a
terminal console.

I am not very aware of OSX GIMP package, but since this is a UNIX, I guess
GIMP is also installed in the global path. So if you can start a console
and just type "gimp" in it, then enter, I imagine gimp will start, and
maybe you will have more interesting crash information that a log bumping
in the dock. :-D

Then come back on the ml and copy/paste this output.
Also tell us which version of GIMP is installed!
Thanks for the report.