>I don't think it has anything to do with the button :), but it
>probably is what the OP meant. Too bad he doesn't reply to explain
>what he meant to say :(

Has nothing to do with the button. There are many ways to find the features one
requires in GIMP. Buttons are there for convenience. Moving the location of
where you go to access the Text to Path feature most likely had to do with real
estate on the toolbar. It was more convenient to have it available at the bottom
of the Text dialog box. Right clicking on the layer just adds one more mouse
click to the operation.

--
cg2 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)