Maybe I'll seem a bit stupid as I'm not sure whether I got it right, but as far
as I understand, the advice was to copy the images to your hard drive instead
of trying to process them right on the card (or in your camera). Just create a
folder and copy via right-click menu, or select the files and hit Ctrl+C (this
is a global hot-key for copying), change to the folder on your HDD where you
want the files and hit Ctrl+V, or open two explorer windows next to each other
and drag-n-drop. Try to open the files and see if the problem is still there.

If this really fixes the problem, then it might be a good idea to try and
replace the card -- it can be faulty.

Hope that this will help and sorry if I told some obvious things.

Good luck!