well, you're the one who mentioned money.
being somewhat older now i would also very much note the need for a
good circle of friends and community, and a committed life's partner
etc for when you can't take care of yourself (or perhaps make any
money).
believe it or not it's a real possibility. I can't believe looking
back how many of my friends never made it past 30.
but here was the actual page that made me stop and think about typekit:
http://www.briangardner.com/typekit-fonts/
and this was a good article:
http://www.briangardner.com/minimalist-design/
have a good day.