On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Kristian Rink wrote:

> Ah, sorry. Wrote too much. :/ I need he "highlight" layer to not contain text
> (or "highlighted" text) but rather some selection of the image having the same
> color that should be emphasized in print. Imagine "grey clouds" that should be
> "silver clouds" when printed...

Mmm... Are we talking about low amount of metallic ink on top
something to, er, spice things up? :)

How about converting selection in GIMP to a path, saving the path to
SVG, importing it to Scribus (to a new layer) and filling it with a
metallic spot color with low opacity?

> To do so, my idea would be to store two images ("background" containing the
> full image, "highlight" just containing the selection that should be in the
> highlight color layer), convert "background" to CMYK and use scribus to merge
> these two into one PDF 1.5 output. Would that work?

Depends on your reply to the suggestion above :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org