On 01/23/13 07:46, Olivier wrote:
> 2013/1/23 Gary Aitken <g...@dreamchaser.org>:
>>> What operation? Until you click/drag on the image, there is no selection
>>> started, and the numbers you enter in the Tools options are meaningless.
>>> To give them a purpose you have to click first, which means using the mouse.
>> If the values are meaningless, then why do they appear in the "Tool Options"
>> for the rectangle select?  Clicking and dragging sets the values for
>> "Position"
>> and "Size" in the "Tool Options".  These are not read-only entries; they may
>> be set via the keyboard.  If one can set them via the keyboard, it should
>> be possible to have them take effect after entering them.  They should either
>> be read only, or should have a corresponding "Select" button which can be
>> activated.
> To complete the selection, press Enter in the image window.

Hitting <enter> in the image window has no effect whatsoever when the rectangle
tool is active.  At least in my 2.8.2 version.

I tried the following:
  Get focus to image window
  ^R to activate rectangle tool
  Shift focus to Rectangle Select tool options dialog
    (wm key sequence + tabs or mouse click)
  Set position to 10,10
  Set size to 50 x 100
  Shift focus to image window (wm key sequence or mouse click)
  Hit <enter>
nothing happens

Can you give me a sequence where it does work?