I know this list is mostly for Linux users, but I just purchased a Surface
Pro with Windows 8. It comes with a pen that does pressure sensitivity and
originally I figured that would work on GIMP the same way as a Wacom
tablet. It didn't, and after doing some digging, it appears that Microsoft
added a pen and touch API that does not work the same way as the Wacom
tablet does.

I found this page, which looks like a starting point for how Windows 8 does
stylus input:

Is it reasonable to think GIMP will eventually support this so that my
Surface can do pressure input in GIMP? Any thoughts from developers on if
this is easy or difficult?

Mostly my purpose for this email is to make sure the development team is
aware of it. I can use other software, but I do like GIMP.