On 02/16/2013 11:16 AM, Denise Hamilton wrote:
> I am working on a webpage to sell my photography. I am trying to
> create text with my copyright information on the photos so that they
> cannot be copied (pirated).
> I have read the GIMP documentation and experimented with adding text
> to the photo. I cannot find how to make the text visible but not
> solid. I do not want it to impact the viewing of the photos.
> Someone once told me I needed to create a "mask" to do this or a
> custom brush.  Someone here on the gimp-user list said i could do it
> just with the text tool.
> Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

This looks to be the watermark tutorial page to which I referred in my

There's a little extra work required to do it - and a few practice runs
of concealing and revealing the watermark will be in order before you
master it, but I can't think of a better, less visually intrusive way of
watermarking images than this.