Am 2013-03-01 15:50, schrieb maderios:
Translation :
Only the elite need gimp, others just need to pay for normal but
commercial editor...

I do not understand it like that - did you actually check out darktable? It's a free program that seems to fit pbft's workflow. I have a similar workflow to his and since darktable was suggested to me, my usage of GIMP has decreased substantially - unrelated to the save/export behavior.

As for the save/export behavior, I also liked the old one better, but is it really so much more work to configure a shortcut for exporting while overwriting the original image (I used cmd-option-e here on OS X) and learn to ignore the prompt about unsaved changes? I don't think so, and if you think about the logic behind the change, it definitely makes sense.