> Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 16:07:36 +0100
> From: darkwea...@euirc.eu
> To: mader...@gmail.com; gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior
>
> Am 2013-03-01 15:50, schrieb maderios:
> > Translation :
> > Only the elite need gimp, others just need to pay for normal but
> > commercial editor...
> > Greetings
>
> As for the save/export behavior, I also liked the old one better, but is
> it really so much more work to configure a shortcut for exporting while
> overwriting the original image (I used cmd-option-e here on OS X) and
> learn to ignore the prompt about unsaved changes? I don't think so, and
> if you think about the logic behind the change, it definitely makes sense.

It's not so much the practical task of getting used to it as it is that the
change forces you to re-think what is what.  In which case GIMP 2.8 isn't the
first version to do something like that.  For me, that honor goes all the way
back to 2.4 -- now from a technical standpoint the old behavior was still
present and accessible, the only change is it wasn't the default anymore.  And
(unlike key shortcuts for save/export) there was NO way to reconfigure the
behavior at all.  It was technically a simple change, but the way it forced you
to re-think how you used GIMP was decidedly earth-shattering.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com