On 03/05/2013 02:35 AM, Kasim Ahmic wrote:
Ok I'll look into those programs, thank you! Although, do you know if there are
any plans on supporting RAW?

Sent from my iPod

On Mar 4, 2013, at 5:42 PM, Matthew Miller <mat...@mattdm.org> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 05:34:36PM -0500, Kasim Ahmic wrote:
I've recently been looking into getting a Canon EOS Rebel T3. I noticed
that it can take RAW images and I was just wondering if GIMP supports
GIMP doesn't have RAW support directly. There is a UFRaw plugin, but you may
be better served by a dedicated RAW converter such as RawTherapee,
DarkTable, or LightZone. (These are all free and open source.)

If you need to do touch-up work after raw conversion, you can export a TIFF
file and import that into Gimp.

There is a UFRaw plugin for Gimp (http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/) that lets it read all the major raw sensor formats. But IMHO raw files are best converted in a separate application.