The new cage tool is fantastic to solve the following problem, but I need suggestions how to be more effective.

I take a photo with the smartphone of a book page. I need two hands for this. The page does not lies flat (see because no more hands available to keep the page flat (and no glass sheet at hand...). Using the cage tool with 3 nodes above and 3 below the text produces an acceptable result (see

Question: Is there any better method? Any GIMP plugin or even Android app to solve this problem?

I can trace the deformed rectangle that enclose the page text, but then I don't know how to pass this info to the cage tool and ask to make it a real rectangle.

Thanks for your help!

Ing. Mario Valle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) |
v. Trevano 131, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland    | Tel: +41 (91) 610.82.60