On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Richard Gitschlag <
strata_ran...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> But the Gradient Editor has been around pretty much forever, its window is
> just not loaded into the toolboxes by default.  Try double-clicking a
> gradient from the Gradients dialog (on its icon/preview, not its name),
> this should bring up the Gradient Editor.

Nope.  Doesn't.  I had already tried that actually, and also tried the four
methods described on the web page (which I happily bookmarked ).  I don't
seem to have that edit feature. I did find that the Land and Sea gradient,
in conical shape, does something close to what I'm trying to do.
GIMP 2.6 on Suse Linux

> ------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:00:17 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gradient tool
> From: etter...@gmail.com
> To: strata_ran...@hotmail.com
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> I appreciate the responses, which led me to experimenting.  I don't seem
> to have the Gradient Editor.  I guess it's time to upgrade from gimp 2.6.
> But even if I did have the Editor, I can see that it's beyond my level.
> Thanks all -- I'll keep playing with it.
> Helen
> --
> Helen Etters
> using Linux, suse11.4