I mean that the fact you can't make any edits (even unsaved edits) to things
like gradients or brush dynamics is the flaw.  I know the reason for it, but
the end-to-end result is just not very convenient on the user -- brush dynamics
especially (I actually removed the default dynamics folder from my GIMP
preferences entirely; when I want brush dynamics, I NEED the ability to make
arbitrary edits to them!) and the way 2.8 made them an official resource type
really shoved it into the spotlight.

Not to stray too far into that topic though -- been there, done that.
(https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2012-May/msg00148.html)

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com