On 03/27/2013 11:53 AM, bringoutthe wrote:
>> There are a LOT of ways to do that, but here's one.  Once you have
>> tried this, you may see how to do something else that does more what
>> you have in mind:

> Hi Steve, thank you for your creative solution! I tried it, it works, and with
> some practice I'll get it right. However I'd really like to apply this
> specific
> texture. Is there no way to overlay this texture image transparantly over the
> 'logo', without having to cut off 'excess texture image' around the logo?

Try this:

Import your texture image as a layer via drag and drop.  Make sure
this is the top layer of your image in progress.

In the Layers dock, select the layer with orange text, then use the
Select By Color tool to select the orange color.

In the Layers dock, select the texture layer.  Right click on it in
the Layers dock, and select "Add layer mask."

In the dialog that opens, select "Initialize Layer Mask To - Selection"

This will give your texture layer a mask that only allows the
selected area - the part over the orange text in this case - to be

Change the texture layer's mode to "Burn" (or other) and adjust its